How to Make a YouTube video
Ready to learn how to make YouTube videos? It’s easy, fun and a great way to share your movies with the world. Follow our guide and let’s go to start.
Things You’ll Need:
• A digital camera
• A YouTube account
- Make a movie using a digital camera, webcam, or cell phone. An old VHS will only work if you transfer it to a digital file-you’ll need a digital converter to plug an older camcorder into the computer. You can upload a YouTube movie directly from a phone if you set up a Mobile Profile on YouTube. With a high-speed connection, it should generally take a few minutes, give or take.
2. Edit your movie. Programs such as Mac’s iMovie or Windows’ MovieMaker are both good-add titles, effects, cut out a bad take, etc.
3. Resize the video so it looks best on YouTube. The site accepts QuickTime .MOV, Windows .AVI, or .MPG files at 340×240 resolution. There’s a 100MB size and 10 minutes length limit.
4 Create a YouTube account. Click on Upload Videos in the upper right corner of the homepage
5. Create a title, description, tags, category, and set language. The more information the better to help people find the video.
Tips & Warnings
• You can also use the Quick Capture feature to upload to YouTube straight from a webcam. No uploading needed.
• Once you’ve got a video ready, upload it to other sites, like Google Video.
• Market the video: post it on blogs, message boards, social networking sites, and email it.
• Don’t post anything that’s copyrighted or libellous. Check the Terms of Service.
Written by The Original PC Doctor on 30/5/2008.