Internet Banking Certificates
Been asked by your bank to produce the internet banking certificate?
The Original PC Doctor can assist you by inspecting your computer to ensure it is Internet Banking ready by performing a 7-point checklist on the machine to ensure that it meets the highest international standard for online security and banking safely online. The certificate will be issued in PDF format via email for you to comply with your bank’s requirements and remit a copy to them so that you can get back online to internet banking again.
History of the Internet Banking
Internet banking was first introduced in Australia in the early 1990s by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia. However, it was not until the late 1990s and early 2000s that internet banking became widely adopted by Australian consumers. The growth of Internet banking in Australia was driven by a number of factors, including:
- The increasing availability of broadband internet access.
- The growing popularity of online shopping and other e-commerce activities.
- The increasing sophistication of Internet banking security features.
Today 90% of adult Australians are currently banking online which was up from 85% in 2019.
According to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), Australians lost over $2 billion to scams in 2021. This is up from $1.8 billion in 2020.
The most common types of scams in Australia include:
How can we assist you in getting the certificate to show your bank that your computer is safe now?
We will perform a 7-point checklist on your machine to ensure that it meets the highest standard for security and banking safely online.
The checklist includes the following:
- Operating system: The computer must run a supported operating system, such as Windows 10 or macOS.
- Antivirus software: The computer must have up-to-date antivirus software installed.
- Firewall: The computer must have a firewall enabled.
- Web browser: The computer must have a supported web browser installed, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Browser security settings: The browser security settings must be configured to protect the computer from online threats.
- Software updates: The computer must have all software updates installed.
- Hardware compatibility: The computer must have the necessary hardware to access the bank’s website and online banking services.
If the computer passes the 7-point checklist, The Original PC Doctor will issue a certificate for you to bring to the bank to show proof that your machine meets the highest standard for security and banking safely online.
Feel free to call us at 1300-723-628 to book our Internet Banking Security Certificates services and our helpdesk staff will be more than happy to have a chat with you.
Australian Government Support Services and Reporting
The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is a part of the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD). It is responsible for protecting Australia from cyber threats. The ACSC provides a range of services, including:
- Cyber security advice and information
- Incident response and support
- Threat intelligence and analysis
- Exercises and training
The ACSC is a valuable resource for businesses and individuals who are looking to protect themselves from cyber threats. You can learn more about the ACSC and its services on their website: https://www.cyber.gov.au/