What to Do If Your Facebook Gets Hacked
If your Facebook account gets hacked, it’s important to act quickly to secure your account and protect your personal information. Here are some steps you can take:
- Change your password immediately. Choose a strong password that you’ve never used before.
- Log out of all active sessions. This will force the hacker out of your account.
- Enable two-factor authentication. This will add an extra layer of security to your account.
- Review your privacy settings. Make sure that your settings are set to private so that only your friends can see your information.
- Scan your computer for malware. The hacker may have installed malware on your computer that could give them access to your other accounts.
- Report the hack to Facebook. This will help them to track down the hacker and prevent other people from being hacked.
Contacting the Original PC Doctor for Help
If you’re not sure how to secure your Facebook account after it’s been hacked, you can contact the Original PC Doctor for help. We can help you to:
- Change your password and enable two-factor authentication.
- Review your privacy settings.
- Scan your computer for malware.
- Report the hack to Facebook.
We’ll work with you to get your Facebook account back up and running safely.
Here are some additional tips to help protect your Facebook account from being hacked:
- Be careful about what information you share on Facebook. Don’t share your full name, address, phone number, or other personal information.
- Be careful about clicking on links in messages. If you’re not sure if a link is safe, don’t click on it.
- Keep your software up to date. Software updates often include security patches that can help to protect your computer from malware.
- Use a strong antivirus program. An antivirus program can help to protect your computer from malware that could give hackers access to your Facebook account.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your Facebook account safe from hackers.